Search This Blog

Thursday 27 October 2011

Tackling the pink

Before us this house housed a family of 3 daughters, it now houses 3 sons so the first thing I wanted accomplished is getting rid of the pink.
Some people are ok with their sons having pink rooms but I am not one of them.
All three of the bedrooms were some shade of pink, A's room was pink, purple and bright yellow (shaking head) Yeah Aunty P (previous owner) I'm shaking my head at you haha. Anyway A's room was the "brightest" so it was first on the agenda.
Move in day in all it's glory


There was a lot to be done in this room so once again with the help of dear husband we:
  • rescrewed the sagging roof
  • replaced the fluorescent light fixture
  • peeled the wall paper
  • filled about 100 holes in the walls
  • painted the whole room from the ceiling to the floor
Then we got to decorate :-)

Behold the new and soooo improved room.


 



I love it and so does A.

The walls are painted Dulux Royal Beige half
The trim is Dulux Whisper White
  •  The bed and the tv unit I got off ebay but they are from Ikea
  • The chest of drawers are ikea
  • The side table is a chair that belonged to my mother-in-law
  • The curtains I made and the fabric is from you guessed it Ikea!
  • The art is all original, some made by me. One is a picture of him and his brothers and another is a picture of our puppy Maisie.
  • There is a painting of yours truly painted by him (there is a strong resemblance)
  • The painting above the chest of drawers I picked up off the side of the road and it is one of my favorite pieces.
So there it is, one room down. Pink be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment